The Pink Link Ltd Support Business In Huddersfield
As part of its continued support of the Huddersfield business community, The Pink Link Ltd sponsored the Employer of the Year Award, won by Kirkwood Hospice at the 2012 Huddersfield Examiner Business Awards.
The awards ceremony took place on Thursday 8th November at The John Smith’s Stadium and was hosted by BBC Look North presenter Harry Gration. Keynote speaker Gerald Ratner, the chairman and chief executive of Ratners Group opened the awards and gave a riveting account of how he rebounded from a raft of negative publicity and business failure to enjoy new business success.
On the night, Managing Director, Richard Allen and Sales and Commercial Director Vicki Davenport were delighted to present Kirkwood Hospice with the Employer of the Year Award. The hospice, which serves the people of Kirklees with palliative and end-of-life care, has more than 100 staff members and more than 700 volunteers. Personnel range from clinical experts to retail staff.
The aim for bosses at the Hospice is to develop all staff and volunteers to their full potential.
It has a range of programmes and in house training schemes which provide support to staff and help with development. Staff also work through a Knowledge and Skills Framework, an initiative from the NHS which identifies common themes for staff to be able to demonstrate progress in their development year-on-year. Such initiatives lead to the Hospice being awarded with the Employer of the Year Award.
Vicki Davenport, Sales and Commercial Director at The Pink Link Ltd said: “At the Pink Link Ltd, we are proud to support business in Huddersfield. The annual awards are a way of recognising the achievements of up and coming companies as well as the more established businesses in the region. As sponsors of the Employer of the Year Award we were thrilled to present the winners, Kirkwood Hospice with their award, a truly deserving organisation.”
Full List of Winners
- Kirklees Council New Business of the Year Award: The Lazy Camper
- Kirklees Stadium Development Ltd SME of the Year Award: PC Specialists Ltd
- Stafflex Community Award: Huddersfield Town FC
- Green Award: Colne Valley Garden Centre
- Walker Singleton Business of the Year Award: Principle Group
- HSBC International Business of the Year Award: Extract Technology
- David Brown Huddersfield Place To Make It Award: Wellhouse Leisure Ltd
- University of Huddersfield Innovation & Enterprise Award: Asquith Butler
- The Pink Link Employer of the Year Award: Kirkwood Hospice
- Fantastic Media Business Person of the Year Award: Moin Valli, of Valli Group Opticians
- Chadwick Lawrence Business Person of the Year Award: Nick Brown, FMG
For more information about the award winners, click here.
Photograph courtesy of The Huddersfield Examiner. L-R: Richard Allen (The Pink Link Ltd), Vicki Davenport (The Pink Link Ltd), Christine Springthorpe (Kirkwood Hospice), Hilary Turner (Kirkwood Hospice), Harry Gration